24 year old Miss Paga Hill Estate Lucy Maino racked up the awards at the crowing night of the Miss PNG pageant taking over the crown from outgoing Queen Leoshina Kariha to becoming Miss PNG 2019 -2020.
Two times Pacific Games Gold Medalist (2015 & 2019) with the National Women’s Football team and Co-Captain in the 2019 Pacific Games, the newly crowned Miss PNG will be advocating for women’s education through sports.
“I myself stand as a testament of education through sports and I will be advocating for more young women to use their talents to excel to greater heights” says Maino.
Miss PNG will be hosting and representing PNG in the upcoming Pacific Islands Pageant.
“In the recent pacific games we represented the country with the theme “One Team – One Dream” and that is how I will be representing the country” says Miss PNG Lucy Maino.
Miss PNG Lucy Maino will also be known as Miss Tourism and will be the brand Ambassador for Trends Beauty.
Miss PNG thanked the Miss Pacific Islands Miss PNG pageant for being a platform for encouraging young women to stand up for issues that they are passionate about and would like for people to be aware of.
Committee/ Contestants Choice Awards
1. Miss Friendship – Miss Paga Hill Estate - Miss Lucy Maino
2. Miss Photogenic – Miss PNG Air Services - Miss Helen Ipauki
3. Miss Committee’s choice – Miss Jack’s Madang - Laviana Leong
4. Best Topic – Miss PNG Air Services – Miss Helen Ipauki
5. Best Sarong Wear – Miss Paga Hill Estate - Lucy Maino
6. Best Talent – Miss Paga Hill Estate Lucy Maino
7. Best Traditionally Inspired Dress – Miss Paga Hill Estate – Miss Lucy Maino
8. Miss PNG’s Choice Award – Miss Paga Hill Estate - Natasha Metta
9. Patrons Choice – Miss IBSU – Miss Magarita Sariman
10. Third Runner up – Miss Santuary & Rapopo Resorts – Natasha Metta
11. Second Runner up – Miss East New Britain – Ellen Morgan
12. First Runner up – Miss PNG Air Services – Helen Ipauki
Miss PNG 2019 – 2020 Miss Tourism/Trends Ambassador – Miss Paga Hill Estate – Lucy Maino